500 gm pork
4 tbsp oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 inch of fresh ginger clean and cut into 4 pieces
1 tsp ginger paste (In addition)
3 cloves fresh garlic, cleaned and cut into halves
2 tsp garlic paste (In addition)
2 green chillies, slit lengthwise
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground turmeric
200 gm canned tomatoes
2 tsp salt
- Wash the pork and cut into one inch cubes including lard.
- Heat oil in a medium size saucepan or pressure cooker.
- Put the onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add ginger, garlic, green chillies and vinegar.
- Add the chilli powder, cumin and turmeric.
- Add tomatoes and stir well.
- Add the pork, salt, 250 ml of water if using pressure cooker, otherwise, double the quantity of water and cook until done.