500 gm bones of lamb
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 green chillies, slit lengthwise
1 stick cinnamon
8 black peppercorns
2 tomatoes, chopped finely
1 tsp salt
½ tsp chilli powder
½ tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground cumin
1 ½ ground coriander
1 tsp fresh garlic, crushed
1 tsp tamarind
Handful of coriander leaves
3 tbsp oil
½ tsp whole mustard seeds
½ medium onion, finely chopped for frying
1 sprig of curry leaves
¼ tsp ground fenugreek
50 gm cream coconut
- Wash the bones and set aside.
- Now put the bones, onions, green chillies, cinnamon, clove, peppercorns, tomatoes, cream coconut, salt and boil in two cup of water in a large saucepan for 30 minutes.
- Then add into the soup mixture chilli powder, turmeric, cumin, coriander, garlic, tamarind, coriander leaves and keep boiling for 10 minutes. Now remove from heat.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add mustard seeds, onions, curry leaves and fry for few minutes. Now pour this over the soup and give it a light stir.
- Finally, bring the soup again to boiling point, sprinkle with fenugreek powder cooking for a minute. Then remove from heat and cover the soup to preserve the fragrance.
1 comment on “Bone Pepper Water” Add yours →
I made this with chicken and it was the best ever.